When you are considering a rehab center, you need to be aware of the different types of addiction they are offering. Understanding the different therapies should be a contributing factor in choosing the facility that is right for you. There are other factors that should be included in choosing a facility. Here are some listed below:
- Credentials of all staff members and facility
- Comfort – A relaxed environment will help in the treatment process.
- Location – Are you comfortable with the area?
- Treatments – Are they tailored for the individual? Follow-up treatment available?
- Reviews – Are they favorable?
Inpatient Drug Rehab in California uses a combination of factors to treat the patient. This type of treatment addresses the whole person and ensure the patient’s success and maintenance of that success long-term.
The Drug and alcohol inpatient treatment programs consist of the following components:
- Withdrawal management – The length of the withdrawal symptoms a patient undergoes depends on the drug, the amount used, how long it was used, and other contributing factors. The symptoms may linger long after the drug is out of the patient’s body. Trying to detox outside of inpatient care, can result in a relapse due to discomfort or may prove deadly without medical support.
- Individual, family, and group therapy
- Individual therapy allows the patient to meet with the therapist one-on-one to address the symptoms of the abuse.
- Group therapy, guided by professional therapist, uses the other members experiences and knowledge to aide in the successful accomplishment of their goals.
- Family therapy gives you the opportunity to bring into the treatment process family members or close friends thus aiding in the relationships, understanding, and communication.
- Medical treatment – Medical treatment is one of the most valuable components of a person’s rehab. Because the physical dependence and addiction impact the patient’s physical health, medical care needs to be present in the first steps of their recovery. Without medical care, the patient could be taking risks that can be fatal or seriously impact their organs and body systems.
- Recreation therapy – It is important to include in the patient’s treatment program recreational activities to improve their mental and physical health.
What is an Inpatient Drug Rehab Treatment Program?
The Inpatient Drug Rehab Program offers services that are in a more restrictive environment and are for those patients with more serious symptoms.
An Inpatient Drug Rehab Program is a treatment program that combines the different therapies to aide in ensuring the addict’s success. By using the different therapies in combination, they are addressing the physical and mental health of the individual. Using all the components, they are providing the patient with the tools for success and less change of addictions return.
Residential treatment facility is more like living in a home with a less restrictive environment. They offer the same treatments as the inpatient rehab programs, but the patients have more freedom, and the stays are longer.
What Types of Issues Do Residential Treatment Centers Treat?
The Residential Treatment Centers are treating people who are struggling with drug addiction and abuse. They treat the mental and physical aspects of each patient by allowing them to learn about themselves and make the changes needed for a productive lifestyle.
- They provide an environmental intervention as one of the therapies to show them a new lifestyle without drugs and alcohol. They focus on the individual’s need in securing the changes and tools they need to lead a healthy and productive life.
- The facility addresses the medical needs of the patient. They address the medical need of the substance addiction and the mental health of the patient which often coexist together.
- The treatment uses structure and consistency to help the patient change their old habits so that a new and healthier lifestyle emerges.
The most common perception about inpatient drug rehab facility is the goal of the treatment is to allow the patient to detox quickly stabilizing the symptoms. Once the symptoms are stabilized, it will allow the development of a program conducive to allowing the patient to receive the care they need in a more relaxed environment.
Is inpatient rehab considered acute care?
Acute care is short-term emergency care for a severe or traumatic illness or injury. If the patient requires more treatment, they are transferred to a long-term facility. Acute care is for short-term needs or cares to stabilize the person before transferring them to inpatient rehab facilities if acute care was related to drug use.
What type of insurance coverage during Inpatient Rehab Program?
Most insurances will cover substances abuse rehabilitation programs and varying forms of mental health treatment programs. The type of insurance coverage during the Inpatient Rehab Program depends on the insurance provider the person is a member.
Most insurances will pay for substance abuse/addiction and mental health conditions. You will need to check with the insurance provider to see how much they will cover for inpatient and outpatient care. You will also need to check to see if the rehab treatment center you are inquiring about is inside your insurance network. You can also check with the treatment center to see if your insurance will cover the cost and how much they will cover and how much will be your out-of-pocket cost. Also, available to you if you do not have coverage are state-funded rehab programs, sate insurance policies, and free rehab that many states have offered to people with substance abuse and mental issues.
When checking online, most facilities will have an area for you to check on your insurance coverage.
How long does a patient stay in rehabilitation?
According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, the longer a person stays in the rehab treatment program the more benefits and more successful they will have than being in the shorter-term treatment.
The patients that are going through drug treatment have more issues to overcome than the detox. After detox, which occurs at the start and is relatively short, the patient must work through the mental or psychological aspects of the addiction. The length of time a person goes through treatment varies with each person.
For severe cases and for those who have struggled with relapses and short-term treatments, the long-term option is the most advantageous. There are also other advantages, and some are listed below:
- 24-hour health care
- Helps rebuild relationships with family members
- Time to reactivate the “life-skills” that have been neglected
- Gives the brain time to recuperate and heal
- More time to work through the psychological aspects of the treatment
- Work through more than detoxification
- Nutritional needs addressed
The duration of the stay depends on the individual’s need, the type of drug, and problems they have (health, mental). The research indicates that the best outcomes occur with long-term treatment. The recovery from drug addiction is long-term and usually will require different aspects of treatment. The time needed for most of the addicted individuals to recover is about three months according to research.
Impatient treatment for mental health is there when you feel unable to safely handle or deal with your mental health by yourself. Often mental health issues are found along with the substance abuse and addiction of patients. This is called co-occurring mental health issues. When this occurs, the issues are addressed together in treatment.
What are the criteria for inpatient rehab?
Criteria for inpatient rehab are listed below, but not limited to:
- 24/7 monitoring
- Intense treatment
- Restricted environment
- The treatment program is short term intense treatment, the patient is moved to a
After the Inpatient Rehab, the patient is then referred to Residential Rehab. Some of these facilities coexist on the same grounds.
Impatient drug and alcohol rehab centers are dedicated to helping their patients in conquering their addictions and maintaining their new lifestyles. The centers want to provide a safe haven where the patients are able to learn and to feel comfortable in making the life changes, they need to ensure a productive life.
Drug and Alcohol rehabilitation services in California
Choose the Best Drug and Alcohol Centers to ensure a successful treatment recovery. Golden Road Recovery Center is one of California’s pristine facilities. They know the hardships involved with drug abuse and drug addiction and are an Inpatient Drug Rehab Treatment Center and Residential Rehab Center. The individual’s mental and physical health is considered throughout the treatment. They work with the individual from the beginning through the end of the treatment to help overcome your addiction or abuse. Customizing the treatment to each person will help to ensure victory. When leaving the clinic, you will leave with an Addiction Aftercare Plan to help ensure your success. This plan is tailored to you individually.
22560 Lassen Street Chatsworth, CA 91311