After just about any drug addiction comes a drug detoxification phase to start the recovery journey. The drug detoxification phase can vary in length of time and severity, but it is typically an uncomfortable process. So, what are the top benefits of drug detoxification and where are the best detox centers in California? Let us find out.
Simply put, drug detox is the process of withdrawal of all the substances from the body. If someone has been using drugs for a long period of time or using large quantities, the detox phase can be highly uncomfortable and, in some cases, painful. Here we will discuss:
- Top benefits of drug detoxification
- How drug detox works
- Drug Detox at Golden Road Recovery
What is Drug Detoxification?
A common question people often ask is what is drug detoxification? Drug detoxification is the natural process of eliminating all drugs from the body. Chronic or frequent drug users often experience painful withdrawal symptoms during the detox phase. These withdrawal symptoms may include:
- Severe mood changes
- Increased anxiety or depression
- Excessive sweating
- Flu-like symptoms (headache, nausea, shakiness, etc.)
- Drug cravings
The body typically rids the substances quickly, however, the withdrawal symptoms may last longer. Medical support is highly advised when experiencing drug detox and withdrawal symptoms to ensure a safe and stable recovery. A drug detox center will help to ensure you are fully supported and survive the symptoms without a relapse.
How Does Drug Detoxification Process Work?
While each detox center may help their clients in different ways, the process typically looks the same. The drug detoxification process can be described in 3 steps:
- Evaluation: The clinical professional completes a thorough evaluation of the individual including any physical, mental, or psychological conditions and history of drug abuse. This will help the trained staff become better prepared for the likely symptoms and experience of the drug detox for the drug-using individual.
- Stabilization: The assigned mental health professional is to develop and follow an individualized treatment plan and offer any needed resources for the individual including therapy and/or medications.
- Longer-term substance use treatment: This is to help prepare and encourage the using individual to seek longer-term recovery treatment. A detox center is to ensure safety while the drugs leave the body, but further treatment is almost always needed.
Detoxification & its Benefits
So, what are the top benefits of drug detoxification? The primary goal of drug detox centers is to rid the body of the used substance(s) and ensure safety throughout the withdrawal phase. Detox centers can be highly beneficial to avoid possible relapses. Quitting drugs cold turkey can often be unsuccessful and even dangerous. The withdrawal symptoms can be so uncomfortable it leads the individual to use drugs again. Or worse, the withdrawal symptoms can be so dangerous that it causes seizures and bodily shock to the user, requiring medical support.
Drug detox centers can help provide a safe and comfortable environment to experience the withdrawal period while avoiding the possibility of a drug relapse.
Drug Detoxification at Golden Road Recovery
If you are looking for the best drug detox center in California, Golden Road Recovery is the place to go. Golden Road Recovery is an addiction treatment center with an excellent detoxification program to help you throughout the entire process. The medical and mental health professionals will help you stay comfortable and focused while the drugs leave your body. The staff at Golden Road Recovery are aware that the drug detox phase can be painful and uncomfortable, and they offer various forms of therapy and medications for the attending clients.
Golden Road Recovery wants to see you heal and grow from the addiction. Every person deserves a safe recovery, and Golden Road wants to help provide this for you.
Whether the addiction is to alcohol, methamphetamine, or cocaine, the detox period is a process in recovery that cannot be skipped. This period typically lasts about a week, though this may vary from person to person. The symptoms of drug detoxification may cause discomfort and irritability, but with the help of a detox center, you can have a successful recovery. If you or a loved one are seeking help for your addiction, contact Golden Road Recovery today at +1(877) 372-0536 to learn more about the best treatment options for you.